And then... I got the plague. I got two plagues, actually. I got over one (I think a stomach flu), felt OK for a day, and then promptly got another one (tonsilitis).
And THEN I discovered how adorable Korean boybands are, and I lost all of my free time to Youtube, but that's a post for a different blog ;)
Fast forward to the end of May. I saw my heterosexual life partner/historical costuming partner-in-crime and realized that we only had about 6 weeks to plan the Second Annual Canada Day Regency Picnic (which, in the end, didn't happen). I thought about what I was going to wear. I had recently received some lovely hanky-weight linens in greens as a birthday gift. Oh, I thought, I would make a long-sleeved Regency gown out of that. Then I remembered how I'd gone to my aforementioned partner-in-crime's house sometime last year and mostly-constructed a long-sleeved gathered-front Regency dress out of embroidered pink linen that was completely done except for the gathering ties, so I went and got it out of the pile and finally managed to get the ties threaded through the channels. I figured I can still submit it, since I'm super-late on all of the challenges so far, I'm submitting in the spirit of the challenge, and I'm not submitting it for more than one entry. Right?
The Challenge(s): Challenge #2 - UFO
Fabric: mint-and-green striped cotton; embroidered (poly) pink linen
Pattern: Mint: Sense and Sensibility's Elegant Lady's Closet cross-front gown; Pink: Simplicity 4055
Year: Mint: early-1800s; Pink: 1810-ish
Notions: pins, ribbon
How historically accurate
Hours to complete: I don't even know at this point. Both of them languished for 6 months minimum before finishing, but given the general ease with which the patterns make up, not more than 12 hours each.
First worn: Neither has been worn yet.
Total cost: The mint fabric was about $25, and the pink linen was about the same. All the other materials needed came from my stash, so including thread and the like, $60 for both :)